History

2017 & Beyond

Read the 2017 Priority Plan to learn more about the priorities of the parish as we look to the future.

2016

Rev. Agustin Guzman, C.O. was appointed as Pastor of All Saints, and the All Saints Parish Life Center was dedicated.

2014

Construction began for the All Saints Parish Life Center.

2013

The Saints Alive Campaign began.

2010

Rev. Edward McDevitt, C.O. was appointed Pastor of All Saints.

2008

All Saints celebrated its 25th anniversary on November 1st, All Saints Day.

2007

Rev. Fabio Refosco, C.O. was named Parish Administrator on July 1st.

2006

All Saints was dedicated by Bishop Robert J. Baker on November 1st, 2006.

2005

The Bishop of Charleston gave final approval of the construction plans and authorized the hiring of a contractor.

2004

Rev. Joseph Pearce, C.O. became Pastor in July. He proceeded with hiring an architect and finalizing construction plans.

2003

Bishop Robert Baker gave permission for All Saints Mission to begin a capital campaign and to engage an architect to prepare conceptual drawings.

1998

Eight and one-half acres of land were purchased at the corner of Hwy. 274 and Pole Branch Road in Lake Wylie.

1992

Rev. Edward McDevitt, C.O. became Pastor in 1994, and Bishop David Thompson renamed the Community, All Saints Catholic Mission. A building committee was also established.

1983

Rev. John Guiliani, C.O. became the Pastor and the parish became a separate entity known as the Lake Wylie Catholic Community.

1979

Rev. Henry Telvin, C.O. and Rev. John Giuliani, C.O. celebrated Mass at “River Hills Station” on Saturday evening.

1960-1970

Rev. William Pentis, C.O. began having Lenten masses in the homes around Lake Wylie.

1940-1950

The Catholic population grew as many GIs returned and many southern men came home with brides.

1930's

During the Great Depression, a group of New York area priests, under the direction of the Bishop of Charleston, Michael Walsh, was assigned to the York County area and the Rock Hill Oratory was formed.